1. What three words describe you and why?
Optimistic, sociable and innovative. I live for the moment, enjoy working as part of a team and thrive in exciting and dynamic environments. I enjoy generating ideas for new projects but can be guilty of neglecting to think through the finer details.
2. What is/was your volunteer role?
My role this year is President of the Chapter, following my stint as VP of Operations last year. I’m excited to work more closely with all of the Chapter VPs including finance, marketing, programs, SIGs, tech, talent management and membership. I hope to further my knowledge in the various areas that make ATDNYC a success and contribute to the ongoing development of the Chapter.
3. What do you/did you love about volunteering for ATD NYC? How has the experience changed you?
I moved to NYC in Dec ’17 and have enjoyed being part of the local Talent Development community. I love working on the board with a team from all different professional backgrounds. It’s great to have a network in NYC I can support and fall back on - it’s like an extended family!
4. What career development opportunities are you exploring in the next one year?
Last November I took on a new role as Head of Global Learning and Development for Allianz Global Corporate and Specialty, where I have responsibility for designing learning and talent strategies, with a focus on strategic capability building to meet the future needs of the insurance industry. I lead a team of 11 learning and talent managers, serving 4,000+ employees, in 30+ countries around the globe
5. What advice would you give to a Chapter member who is considering volunteering today?
‘The best way to get involved is to jump in the deep end! You can contribute as much or as little as you like, depending on your time available. Volunteering is a great way to network, build your knowledge and contribute to your local TD community.
6. What is the best way to get in touch with you and/or your social media links, website, email address?
You can reach me at email@example.com or connect with me on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lindsay-fletcher/