1. What three words describe you and why?
Teacher - I love helping people learn.
Student - Much of my motivation to teach stems from my interest in my own learning.
Performer - There's a performative element to teaching and facilitation. Plus, one of my other interests is performing and improvising on stage.
2. What is/was your volunteer role?
Chair, Webinar Committee
3. What do you/did you love about volunteering for ATD NYC? How has the experience changed you?
It's been an amazing opportunity to connect with nice, talented people. I'm including both ATD NYC members and all the talent development leaders with whom we partner to produce our webinars. Before this opportunity, I had limited experience with live online learning. Now it's in my comfort zone, which leaves me well prepared for the current circumstances.
4. What career development opportunities are you exploring in the next one year?
Having just started a new job with General Assembly, a company that helps people gain in-demand skills to advance their careers, I'm looking forward to building skills in those areas as well. At the moment, I'm doing our online data analytics learning path.
5. What advice would you give to a Chapter member who is considering volunteering today?
Do it! It's a skill builder, a career builder and a community builder. Just make sure you're ready for the time commitment - and lots of gratification and appreciation.
6. What is the best way to get in touch with you and/or your social media links, website, email address?