ATD NYC Career Development SIG Webinar: Resilience
Barbara Phillips, Co-Chair of the ATD NYC Career Development SIG, recently recorded a 30-minute webinar, Building Resilience in Uncertain Times: 5 Effective Strategies, sponsored by Partners International. It specifically focuses on navigating the current COVID-19 pandemic. We are making this timely recording available to ATD NYC Members and site visitors.
Building Resilience in Uncertain Times: 5 Effective Strategies
A recorded 30-minute webinar to help navigate the days ahead
PDF: ATD NYC Career Development SIG Webinar- Resilience.pdf
- Definition of resilience
- Typical reactionsto change
- 5 Strategies for building resilience in the “COVID-19 era”
- Additional tips
Emotional Responses to the “New Normal”
- If you are feeling greater anxiety and fear in this uncertain environment, this is normal. You are not alone.
- While we can’t predict how long the “new normal” will last, we do know that it will end.
- Focus on taking good care of yourself and your loved ones as your first priority. Be gentle with yourself if you are not feeling as productive as you would like.
- Activate your personal social network (virtually) to reduce any feelings of social isolation.
- Do your best to stay calm and “in the present”. BREATHE.
- Identify what you CAN control in a time when many of us are feeling like we have no control
- Consider financial contingency planning for the near-term “just in case”
- Do your best to focus on what IS working vs. what isn’t working
- We WILL get through this together, one day at a time
Partners International is a woman founded and owned, certified WBENC career and talent consulting firm. For 25 years we have supported the entire life cycle of an employee’s corporate journey, from executive search – to onboarding – to talent development – to executive coaching – to mobility – to retirement or career transition.