1. What three words describe you and why?
Compassionate, intelligent, genuine because I am always putting people first and genuinely believe that everyone is far more capable than they think.
2. What is/was your volunteer role?
Right now, I’m working on compiling our power members and interviewing them for use on social media and the chapter’s website. Also, looking to get more involved outside of that, a role that will enable me meet some more of the passionate people of the training and development field.
3. What do you/did you love about volunteering for ATD NYC? How has the experience changed you?
I love that we are all like-minded individuals. Everyone is so nice and willing to help each other. It’s allowed me to meet people that I normally wouldn’t have been able to through traditional networking. It’s a great opportunity to learn from others as well.
4. What career development opportunities are you exploring in the next one year?
I’m looking to explore the CPTD through ATD as well as learning more about AI and its impact on learning design.
5. What advice would you give to a Chapter member who is considering volunteering today?
It doesn’t take a ton of time to volunteer for the chapter and the time you do invest is worth it. You meet great people while learning a ton. That only helps to further your career and personal development.