1. What three words describe you and why?
Hardworking, diligent and free-spirited!
These 3 things are hardwired in my DNA.
2. What is/was your volunteer role?
I started as an audit volunteer and now am serving as the VP of Finance (in 2021)
3. What do you/did you love about volunteering for ATD NYC? How has the experience changed you?
I’ve enjoyed meeting and learning from my fellow board members. I love volunteering for a non-profit which is in my professional field, and I get to contribute to the community with my time and skills. I’ve been able to expand my network and find support through those whom I’ve met through the board discussions and various Chapter events.
4. What career development opportunities are you exploring in the next one year?
I started my career as a CPA and like so many others then became an accidental trainer. Having been in the talent development space for over 3 years, I recently enrolled for the APTD certification, which has been immensely helpful in building my credibility and helped me in understanding the ‘why’ behind many learning solutions I have been exposed to.
5. What advice would you give to a Chapter member who is considering volunteering today?
Give it a go! You can commit to as much/as little time as works for you. The chapter has a very supportive leadership team and you will have the opportunity to develop new skills.
6. What is the best way to get in touch with you and/or your social media links, website, email address?
Connect with me on LinkedIn.