1. What three words describe you and why?
Positive: I create positive outcomes by coaching others to develop their potential -- to excel at work and achieve personal fulfillment.
Curious: A desire to learn more about talent development is what first led me to ATD NYC chapter events and to Special Interest Groups on Coaching and Digital Learning.
Agile: Throughout my career, I’ve been able to significantly adapt and grow my skills. I’ve done finance, marketing, project management, talent development, diversity, equity, & inclusion, and coaching. This broad foundation informs the leadership development and coaching that I do now.
2. What is/was your volunteer role?
I’ve played several roles on ATD’s Board, including President and VP of Programs for several years. Most recently, I served on the Board Nominating Committee and was involved in ATD’s Mentor Pilot Program.
3. What do you/did you love about volunteering for ATD NYC? How has the experience changed you?
Being President enabled me to polish my leadership skills while giving back to the talent development community. I loved being able to meet and serve members while strengthening the Chapter. As VP Programs, I valued informing members on the latest L&D practices by bringing in dynamic thought leaders and arranging for networking opportunities.
4. What career development opportunities are you exploring in the next one year?
In October 2020 I started working as Managing Director, Leadership Development, at Coqual, a think tank leading DE&I initiatives. I am also building my executive coaching practice where I will work with leaders and managers to maximize their potential and effectiveness.
5. What advice would you give to a Chapter member who is considering volunteering today?
Go for it! You have everything to gain. It’s an investment in your career, your network, and your life. I’ve met some of my closest friends while I was volunteering for ATD!
6. What is the best way to get in touch with you and/or your social media links, website, email address?
Connect with me on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/in/margaretclarkson