1. What three words describe you and why?
Enthusiastic, strategic, and collaborative.
I love taking on new challenges, especially when I get to learn something new. I am always the person that asks "Is this in alignment with our goals for this project?" and "How will this affect the XYZ team?" to make sure we understand the big picture and are using our time wisely.
2. What is/was your volunteer role?
I am currently the Assistant Vice President of Special Interest Groups (SIGs). I was on the Board Nomination Committee in 2020.
3. What do you/did you love about volunteering for ATD NYC? How has the experience changed you?
The Nomination Committee was a great introduction to ATD NYC. I learned a lot about areas of ATD I had yet to explore and it gave me a behind the scenes look at what our board members do. This process has made me even more enthusiastic about contributing to the wonderful things that ATD NYC does for its members.
4. What career development opportunities are you exploring in the next one year?
I am fairly new in my Talent Development career and so I am reading books and taking classes on areas I wish to explore further. This includes things like data analytics, performance, and talent strategy.
5. What advice would you give to a Chapter member who is considering volunteering today?
Just ask. And keep asking. There are many opportunities. It is just a matter of putting yourself out there.
6. What is the best way to get in touch with you and/or your social media links, website, email address?
Feel free to reach out to me at Karilynnrussell@gmail.com or connect with me on LinkedIn at www.LinkedIn.com/in/karilynnrussell