NOTE: Registration opens on August 26th for members and September 9th for nonmembers.
Wouldn’t it be great to know how to introduce a gaming dimension into the corporate training programs you design or deliver? What would it look like to include game elements such as points, levels, challenges, rewards, and easter eggs to drive participation, engagement, retention, and to achieve a measurable ROI?
This hands-on, LIVE webinar takes you through the 5-step process of gamifying a training program. You’ll learn how to:
- Define your measurable business objectives and determine how Gamification will help you to achieve your objectives
- Weave analogies and stories to make the training stickable – so that players remember facts and transfer skills to real world scenarios
- Create the right mix of ingredients and next steps in your learning activities to allow the participants to acquire knowledge and skill
- Identify the game elements (points, badges, leaderboards, etc.) and game mechanics (chance, competition, collaboration, rewards, etc.) you will use
- Construct a consistent, attractive - even charming and captivating - cohesiveness that ties the entire project together
- Answer the question: Is it fun?
Gamification of real-world training and development is a powerful technique which can motivate people and help generate loyalty to your organization, its products, and its message. At its core, Gamification is about finding the fun in the things that we have to do.
When learning is fun, people remember, apply, and return to the learning.
Want to go further? Consider our upcoming event: The Gamification of Learning: A Certification for Talent Development and HR Professionals, a hands-on certification takes you through the 5-step, trademarked, and proven process of gamifiying your organizational quest. The goal is to increase learning and engagement through key concepts found in game design and behavioral psychology. By adding game mechanics to training, gamification not only increases interest, but it also makes training "fun."
About the Presenter:
Jonathan Peters, PhD
Chief Motivation Officer, Sententia Gamification
Jonathan Peters, PhD, has spent over a decade studying the science and art of motivation and persuasion. As a speaker, he has helped audiences from Melbourne, Australia to Augusta, Maine more effectively communicate with their customers and team-members.
Since joining the Sententia team, he had applied his knowledge and study to make learning more enticing, engaging, and encouraging through gamification.
Jonathan is co-author of Deliberate Fun: A Purposeful Application of Game Mechanics to Learning Experiences. He is also an adjunct professor at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, though he calls Austin, Texas home.