Event is co-hosted by the ATDNYC Performance Support SIG and the Society for Technical Communication (STCNY Metro)
Microcontent is an extraordinary point of convergence between all types of business content including product, marketing, support, and learning.
Rob Hanna, President of Precision Content will help participants to:
- Understand and apply structured authoring and intelligent microcontent principles in the development of performance support and microlearning.
- Reuse and scale microcontent from traditional book-based publishing down to voice-enabled responses using the same source of content.
- Learn new ways to approach instructional design and develop learning materials that scale down from classroom instruction to just-in-time microlearning covering the spectrum of the 5 moments of need:
- New—When learning to do something for the first time
- More—When expanding the breadth and depth of what has been learned
- Apply—When people need to act upon what they have learned, adapt to new challenges
- Solve—When dealing with problems as they arise.
- Change—When people need to learn a new way of doing something; which requires them to change skills that are deeply ingrained in their performance practices.
Participants will learn about the
- story of microcontent and information 4.0
- 4 principles of intelligent microcontent
- 5 moments of need, and
- collaborative authoring and publishing practices to support the learning needs of the organization.
We are offering both in-person and virtual options.
In-person: Our in-person session can accommodate 40 people. Because of building security requirements, registration will end 2 days prior to the event.
Virtual: Our simultaneous virtual session can accommodate up to 99 people and registration will remain open until the event begins.
About Rob Hanna
Rob Hanna co-founded Precision Content in 2013 to change the way writers approach structured authoring. Having spent more than decade helping organizations move to component content management he realized that organizations need to take a step beyond technology and expert consultants. Without fostering the necessary standards and skills to work in this new media, organizations would continue to stall in their attempt to move to structured authoring. With this knowledge, he developed the Precision Content® methods, tools, and training. Today, Rob and his team of experts help Precision Content clients make the move to structured authoring as seamless as possible.
5:30pm -- Meet & greet (in-person only)
6:00pm -- Program (virtual & in-person)
7:30pm -- Session ends
Costs: $0 for members, $15 for non-members
Registration Deadline and Requirements: Register by 12pm on Wednesday, 2/20 to attend in person since we must have the list of registrants to send to building security before 5pm that day.
Hal Christensen, email@example.com
Malu Schloss, firstname.lastname@example.org