ATD NYC is proud to participate in the ATD Regional Webinar Series. This collaboration of 6 ATD chapters (including Eastern PA, Greater Philadelphia, Mid NJ, Northern NJ, Long Island & New York City) is bringing together the best of our networks to provide world class presenters and content. We look forward to sharing these webinars with you throughout 2020!
NOTE: Registration opens on April 14 for nonmembers.
New product launches often fail because subject matter experts can struggle to simplify product knowledge for salespeople. In this session, you will learn the results of a comprehensive study conducted by the University of Northern Colorado and Grannis Group that asked questions such as:
- How do B-to-B salespeople prefer to learn?
- How should content be structured and delivered?
- What are the best ways to engage salespeople and motivate them to learn?
- What training methods yield the best results?
- What are practical ways to make training “sales friendly?”
Specifically, the study identifies the most effective training design and delivery methods for HR professionals, product leaders, subject matter experts, and others responsible for training salespeople about new—and existing—offerings. Ultimately, by improving the product training process, salespeople will sell new offerings faster and more efficiently, and the risk of failed product launches will be greatly reduced.
At the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Speak the language of salespeople; improve their understanding of salespeople
- Link communications, training, and product knowledge to the sales process
- Make sales training more relevant
- Improve engagement with salespeople
- Increase revenues
- Close the communication gap between HR, Marketing, and Sales
- Implement a 12-step product knowledge template
About the Presenter: Roger Grannis
Roger has improved sales performance at some of the biggest names in business: GE, Underwriters Laboratories, Synchrony, Thomson Reuters, Wells Fargo, Royal Bank of Scotland. He is one of the most energizing, knowledgeable and entertaining speakers on the subjects of sales, communications, and influence. Prior to forming GrannisGroup, in 2004, Roger spent 17 years at Gartner, where he contributed to growing revenues from $22 million to $850 million by building Gartner Sales University. He launched and hosted Gartner’s popular podcast Talking Technology, shepherded the rollout of dozens of company acquisitions, and hosted panels with industry luminaries such as Steve Ballmer, then CEO of Microsoft. Roger holds a BA in speech and psychology from Willamette University and did post-graduate studies in theatre and creative writing at San Francisco State University. He continuously hones his craft as a member of the National Speakers Association (NSA). Currently, Roger is president-elect of the New England chapter. Roger loves the outdoors. He and his son have backpacked 1,000 miles together.