RESCHEDULED FROM 3/6-3/7 MONTHLY CHAPTER EVENT, NOTE LIMITED NUMBER OF ATTENDEES DUE TO NEW LOCATION.
The Learning and Development (L&D) discipline is in the midst of a major transformation, perhaps the largest that it has ever faced. During this interactive session, Dan will facilitate a discussion on the opportunities and challenges associated with the modernization of our Learning and Development (L&D) strategies, interventions, and skills.
We will explore new insights in neuroscience, highlight new emerging technologies, and focus on the need for many new partnerships. As the ever-increasing speed of change demanders an increasingly agile approach and culture, we will also debate if our L&D discipline is up to the challenge of transforming itself and the organizations that they serve.
* Given the rapid pace of change and changing skill needs, business focused L&D strategies and interventions are needed more now than ever before.
* New neuroscience research findings are expanding our understanding of effective adult learning, but most of us are not putting those understandings into practice.
* New L&D technologies are emerging every day, but we run the risk of chasing and falling in love with the latest technology, as opposed to remaining focused on the value that it may or may not deliver to the business.
* As a L&D discipline, we need to make as many unnatural connections as possible. We need to openly share the results of our learning experiments, to our fierce competitors and to those who we think, will not even care. We need to co-create with our suppliers, and not just be focused on how to get the lowest price.
* We need to further connect academic and organizational learning, because life long learning is not longer a luxury, it is a requirement for all of us.
* Given these L&D opportunities and challenges, we need to ‘up our game’ and transform our teams, and ourselves or we will be made redundant.
About our presenter:
Dan Lovely, former CLO of AIG and BNY Mellon
Originally an Exploration Geologist, Dan Lovely has also held roles in Finance, Risk & Compliance, Strategic Planning, Talent Management, Learning & Development, and Diversity & Inclusion for firms such as BNY Mellon, BP Exploration, Pfizer, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, and AIG. He has been based in San Francisco CA, Anchorage AK, Houston TX, Aberdeen Scotland, London England, and now New York NY.
Most recently Dan was the Chief Learning Officer (CLO) for AIG, where he led the total transformation of AIG’s learning organization. This involves the alignment and consolidation of over 300 L&D staff in over 27 different organizations. He also modernized AIG’s approach to Learning & Development via the use of micro-learning, adaptive learning technologies and open-source content, while being guided by agile and design thinking principles.
Costs: $65 for non members, free for members Registration:
Please Note: You must register by Monday March 5, 2018, due to strict security requirements. No walk-ins will be accepted. If you have not received a confirmation email from ATD NYC by c/o/b March 5, 2018 you have not registered for the session and will not be allowed to attend the event.