Message from the Vice President of SIGs
The calendar hasn’t been as packed as usual with SIG events so far this year and that’s because we have been laying the foundation for several exciting new projects! I’ve summarized these things to look forward to along with some general updates below.
Please check back regularly on this page for more details and updates. Also feel free to reach out to me directly with any questions at email@example.com.
ATD NYC, Vice President of Special Interest Groups
- The popular Learning Lab will be back at the end of March and then again in May. Details for the March event will be announced next week.
Career Development SIG
- The Career Development SIG, led by Robert Hellmann and Barbara Phillips, is launching a mentoring program for the chapter in late spring of this year. More information coming soon!
Digital Learning SIG (fka eLearning SIG)
- Want to meet up with fellow digital learning and learning tech enthusiasts? Interested in helping to shape the direction of new Digital Learning SIG? Come to the Digital Learning SIG: New Era Kickoff on Thursday, March 12.
- The eLearning SIG has been renamed the Digital Learning SIG to broaden the scope of the SIG to encompass learning that utilizes all types of digital technology, not just online courses.
- The Digital Learning SIG is looking for two new co-leads. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
People Analytics SIG (fka People Science SIG)
- Lydon and Sy from the People Analytics SIG will be heading an exciting chapter-wide Member Analytics Workshop in March (check back for details). The workshop will demonstrate a process for gathering, analyzing, and utilizing people data to improve organizations while at the same time providing the chapter with valuable data to help us better serve our members!
- The People Science SIG, led by Sy Islam and Lyndon Llanes, has been renamed the People Analytics SIG. We hope using this more universally-accepted term for the SIG name will make the focus of the SIG more clear to new members.
Performance Support SIG
In addition to the open Digital Learning SIG and Performance Support SIG Co-Lead roles, we are also looking for someone to fill a new volunteer position –the SIG Technical Manager. This is a critical role that would be responsible for overseeing everything we post to our website that is SIG-related and managing the technical tasks required for running SIG events. Check back soon for a full descriptions of these roles on our Volunteer page. In the meantime, reach out to email@example.com if you think you may be interested.