1. What three words describe you?
Learner, risk-taker, problem solver
2. What is/was your volunteer role?
Vice President of Finance
3. What do you/did you love about volunteering for ATD NYC? How has the experience changed you?
As an occupational safety professional, my past and other current volunteer involvement has been and is working with people with backgrounds and experience similar to mine and with ATD, this was definitely not the case. I have had the opportunity to volunteer, connect and learn from people with different backgrounds and this has been a very enriching experience.
4. What career development opportunities are you exploring in the next one year?
I am in the final stages of the Level 3 gamification certification through Sententia that I have been working towards after attending a Level 1 class offered by ATD NYC. I also hope to learn Articulate or similar program this year.
5. What advice would you give to a Chapter member who is considering volunteering today?
Volunteer opportunities vary in duration from a couple of hours to 1 year commitments so try something out, you might be interested in and you may find out that you really enjoy it (or not).
6. What is the best way to get in touch with you and/or your social media links, website, email address?