The New York City Chapter of the Association for Talent Development (ATD), formerly ASTD, was named an ATD Chapter of the Month (COM) for April 2019. The COM is national recognition for ATD local chapters that have demonstrated strength, growth, and innovation in managing their chapter.
Elizabeth Beckham, chair of ATD’s Chapter Recognition Committee, which awards the Chapter of the Month, said, ‘‘This distinguished award recognizes the New York City Chapter for demonstrating unique approaches that provide value to their members, other ATD chapters, and professionals within the talent development industry. The New York City Chapter is a leader in providing development opportunities to their members and other ATD chapter leaders by sharing best practices and encouraging leaders to learn and grow from each other. We are honored to recognize the chapter with ATD’s Chapter of the Month award.”
This award recognizes the New York City Chapter for its many accomplishments, including Chapter Affiliation Requirements (CARE) achievement, Sharing Our Success (SOS) submission acceptance, and overall chapter strength, growth, and innovation.
The Chapter was 100% CARE for 2018 and it had 9 SOS submissions approved!
9 ATD “Sharing Our Success” (SOS) Awards: The national SOS program identifies best practices among local ATD chapters and uses them as models for other chapters.
- Monthly ATD Facilitator Webinar Series
- Knowledge Center for Members on Wild Apricot Chapter Website
- People Science Special Interest Group establishment
- Coaching Center of Excellence establishment
- Board Meeting Templates (Position Status Report, Board Notes, and Meeting Minutes)
- Interview Guides for Board Roles (Position descriptions, Role-specific questions, Candidate Evaluation form)
- Visual Newsletter (Infographics)
- Incorporating “Member Since” to Nametags
- Using Instagram to Promote Board Roles
Special thanks to the 2018 and 2019 ATD NYC Board of Directors, our Extended Leadership Team, and, of course, our members for continually moving the Chapter forward.