ATD NYC is proud to participate in the ATD Regional Webinar Series. This collaboration of 7 ATD chapters (including Eastern PA, Greater Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Mid NJ, Northern NJ, Long Island & New York City) brings together the best of our networks to provide world class presenters and content. We look forward to sharing these webinars with you throughout 2023!
Clear Communication - How to Get What You Ask For and Need
Wednesday, February 22nd | 6:00 - 7:15 p.m. ET | Zoom
About This Event
This session will help you develop clear communication strategies for asking for what you need. You will be given the vocabulary to better understand the various types of requests and how they are best relayed to colleagues. For example, upgrading "soft asks", which can create confusion and end up with a missed deadline, to clear and actionable requests.
Beyond language coaching, you will learn a practical framework for holding yourself and others accountable for improving performance at the individual and team level. In addition, you'll receive a tool for handling breakdowns in accountability. Following the session, you will be equipped to transform your teams' conversations - to help you do your job, and do it well.
In this webinar, you will:
- Unlock the tools to ask for what you need and deal with breakdowns in accountability
- Learn to recognize the differences between a "soft ask" and a "clear request" and between a "hedge" and a "clear agreement."
- Engage in valuable conversations around communication, accountability, and productivity.
About Our Presenter
Lori Zukin, Ph.D. | CEO and Founder at Zukin Leadership
Lori Zukin, Ph.D., is founder and CEO of Zukin Leadership. As an executive, team coach, and consultant, Lori empowers her clients to do what they love, and love what they do. She supports clients across a board range of sectors from the NFL to Under Armour and Baker Tilly to Slalom Consulting.
A faculty member at Georgetown University's Institute for Transformational Leadership, Lori draws on her days as an executive at Booz Allen Hamilton - leading a team, building the business, and developing others - to relate to leaders' needs and support breakthrough moments.
You can contact and/or connect with Zukin Leadership using the following options:
- Members – Member Benefit
- A webinar link will be included in your registration confirmation e-mail
Add Meeting to Calendar
- After you register, don't forget to use the "add to my calendar" feature on the top righthand side of the webpage to hold your time (example image below)
- For any questions about this event, please e-mail email@example.com